Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sharktopus

I was drawn by the title alone. Displaying some of the worst acting "talent" in recent memory, Sharktopus is the heart-breaking story of a shark with...ass tentacles who lashes out at vicious beachgoers, seeking revenge for the death of his mother...ok, maybe not. With tentacles which protrude from its back tail area(shark ass), strange useless spikes by its gills, and a weird sheen, Sharktopus is not only created from the WORST CGI effects I have seen since Battlefield Earth, but is also(not to hurt its poor feelings) the hands-down poorest creature design I have witnessed in years. Oddly, the combination of the aforementioned factors makes Sharktopus an entertaining romp through inanity, as swimmers, bungee jumpers, and journalists...and Eric(I was in Batman, damn it!) Roberts all serve as creative fish food. I definitely recommend downing at least 7-200 drinks before sitting down for this mostly-when-drunk laugh riot! Did I mention Roger Corman created this crap heap?!?

1 comment:

  1. Little piece of cinematic history for you, and my place in it.

    In 2005, I published a short story by a gentleman named Mike MacLean called MCHENRY'S GIFT. The story was reprinted later that year by Best American Mysteries. The Best American anthology was then picked up by Roger Corman's people, who then asked Mr. MacLean to to write some scripts for them.

    One of those scripts was, you guesed it, SHARKTOPUS.

    You're welcome, Earth...

    ReplyDelete