Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 1, 2011

One of the goofiest films I have seen in while followed by onw of the worst...ever.

I recently checked out the horror section of Netflix to find some new wonderfully bad films. I never thought I would find a gem like The Deadly Spawn or a total turd like The Evil Spawn.
The Deadly Spawn begins like most good horror films do: with immediate action. When you finish reading this, think for a minute about the terrible films you've seen over your lifetime (not including the ones I told you to see). How many of them began with hyper-extended plots and unnecessary filler, like a Dickens novel in space? How many of the good films tried to grab you immediately, setting a qiockened and exhilarating pace? Well, though I'm not listing The Deadly Spawn as a "good" film, it kept me watching with the right amount of (mind you,sometimes unsettling and excessive) gore and suspense. Will the kid/hero get eaten? How many people will die? Why does the beast have three separate heads with eyes? The ending is absolutely, ridiculously awesome. I recommend it. Watch it the same way as you would Nightbeast, if not back-to-back! It's streaming!
For the love of the magic sky friend, Jeebus, DO NOT EVER WATCH THE EVIL SPAWN!!! It takes a lot for me to walk away from a film. I sat through Save the Last Dance, for fuck's sake! This film was too much for me. After five minutes of promising, yet terrible special monster "effects", the monsters disappear. For an hour. Just unnecessary and excruciating exposition remains, regarding a failed aging movie actress and a preposterously evil weird lady. Oh, yeah, lest I forget, also included in this shitbomb is a soon-to-be-dead, post-stroke John Carradine in a cameo that just made me sad. Avoid it. I mean it. Or if you watch it, tell me how it ends. I refuse to go back.

1 comment:

  1. Update! I was wrong! The last 20 minutes of The Evil Spawn are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete