Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dogs That Look Like Sad Ratty Mops Can Trigger Childhood Memories!

Sometimes, you forget the events which molded you into the person whom, for better or for worse(shut up, heathen naysayers!), you have become. I, as a young lad, developed a fondness for a heroic pseudo-reptilian, radioactive hero named Godzilla. Maybe you've heard of him.
As an adult, I had all but forgotten the tumult of fire-breathing goofiness with which I would layer my Saturdays as a geek in Queens with no friends and a twin brother who I abhorred. The last installment of Godzilla films which I have treated myself to were the lampooned version of Godzilla vs. Megalon of MST3K, and the original Gojira (Godzilla was a statement on the atrocities perpetrated by the US Government on an already-decimated Japan, and the anger of a people against their rogue dictator, HiroHito).
Today as I walked up and down the hurricane streets of Grammercy trying to keep my dog's pee from splashing my face in the gusts of winter, I chanced upon the saddest Corgi I had ever seen. It was old, but also grey, sad and wildly untrimmed. As a green river flowed through and under its raggedy coat, it resembled an old, used dust mop with a dog's head. In, fact, it looked like...The SMOG MONSTER!!!
If you have never had the chance to see Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster, I strongly urge you to do so. Not only is it a wacky environmental film which will make your green thumb throb, but it's a representation of young hip Japanese culture...covered in a tar-like substance, then turned into science lab skeletons. And Godzilla punches THROUGH the motherfucker!!!This film rocks. It's also known as Godzilla vs. Hedora. Enjoy the MST3K clip also.

No comments:

Post a Comment