Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lately I've Been Uninspired. Sorry.

When natural disasters and political mutiny against the American people by their small-minded wealthy "representatives" get me down, I actually watch LESS bad films and comedies. I believe in dealing with what ails me, not escaping from it. As opposed to an alarmingly large cross-section of Americans, I rebounded from 9/11 pretty quickly(some people still aren't quite over it. A good number of them weren't directly affected by it, either). In fact, I was on the subway that very night, looking for an open bar. If you allow grief and strife to linger, it consumes you like athlete's foot, burning the webbing of your toes(that's what it does, I swear!) every few days until you scratch it bloody, and then returns over and over for all eternity, all the while getting worse until you apply the meds. I do get angered by injustice and saddened by tragedy, but I deal with it ASAP.
Aaannndd...now I'm over it! Hooray! So I watched Highway to Hell yesterday, a little ditty from 1991, starring Kristy Swanson and the lesser Lowe, Chad. If you wish to see a post-apocalyptic film hidden deep in a film about the devil, this is for you! An old man, played by Academy nominee Richard Farnsworth, warns a couple to stay awake on the road. Of course they don't. You see, pent-up teenage horniness makes you crazy AND sleepy! So a "hell cop" takes her away. Cause she's a virgin, you see. So the kid follows her to hell to get her back. That's the story. Oh, and there are bikers in hell. And Lita Ford. And her boobs.
If you like dated, silly horror, this is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment