Total Pageviews

Friday, March 18, 2011

Who Doesn't Love Slow-Moving Thrillers?!?

So, I watched The American the other day. I tend to like really slow, drawn-out exposition with sprinkles of chaos. In this way this film did not disappoint. I was slightly amused yet perturbed by the beautiful Italian prostitute who is seduced by all that is Clooney and wishes to run away with him to somewhere where she won't hafta get shot through the neck...not much of a spoiler, trust me. You'll get it in two minutes. I appreciate the Bond-esque naivity, yet it detracts from the film. I must admit: I enjoy watching Georgie boy act. As opposed to Bill Murray's stint as existential stoic in the last decade of film, I feel the Cloonster pulls the same off with poise and penache. He succeeded at making me feel sympathy for his character, and outright disgusting me. I couldn't decide if and why I wished for his success. I recommend it. Just try not to get caught up in the whole hooker/lover thing, and you'll be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment