Total Pageviews

Friday, December 10, 2010

Comic Explosion!!!

So, the trailers for two movies and one unrequested sequel have been released. I suggest you watch all three. You have ten minutes.
In its attempt to ruin everything I loved as a kid(comics, sports, toys, and being by myself), Hollywood is making attempts to make EVERY COMIC AND TOY EVER into a film.
Thor casts an Australian noone knows with n English actor people wish would go away. I know I can be cynical. Watch the trailer and tell me that casting the man who once was an actor, Anthony Hopkins, as fucking ODIN isn't screaming of epic failure. Please tell me there is a sequel with Beta Ray Bill in the works...
Michael Bay must have been thinking, how could I further sully the history of Hollywood filmmaking? I've already destroyed the concept of scriptwriting, plot development, and common sense plot twists. I've brought new wonder to 12 year old boys' eyes...only to tear it down by firing my only draw to an assinine film series...I know!!! Let me rewrite one of mankind's real triumphs over imagination by making it a ridiculous conspiracy!!! Moon landing?!? Bah! They were there to find some Decepticons! Yep. Watch the trailer. Prepare to be embarassed.
Surprisingly, Green Lantern has some promise. It appears to be taking the comic almost verbatim, casting a somewhat likeable guy in the lead (I even thought he was ok as Deadpool in Wolverine...ok, maybe I was drunk, but who wasn't who went to see that?) and adding one of the Skaarsgards that should be in a comic movie(my wife wanted Eric from True Blood for Thor. I agree. He's charming.) The suit's a little tight, but I'm sure it's a breathable material. Unlike the behemoth Batman costumes that look like a lead suit.
See these trailers. Tell me what you think.

1 comment:

  1. You have to be fucking kidding me. Green Lantern looks like it will rebooted faster than Superman and shank Ryan Reynolds's career in the yard drop the shiv and walk away back into the prison of forgettable superhero flicks. (All the Punisher movies hog the exercise room.)

    ReplyDelete